City Mission is committed to serving the people of Boston and is constantly growing to be able to do this important work. To do so, we seek highly motivated, dedicated, and experienced team members to move the organization and its mission forward.
Bilingual (Spanish) Case Manager, A Lift Up Program
City Mission of Boston is the oldest non-profit in the northeast serving low-income individuals and families. City Mission’s “A Lift Up” is a voluntary program for low-income, single mothers who are at risk of losing their housing due to a variety of factors, particularly insufficient income. Utilizing a unique group and individual case management model, the program supports participants for up to two years while they stabilize their housing, and work towards their individualized goals for education/training, employment and income.
Hours: Full time, 5 days/week, including some evening hours, flexible schedule. Excellent salary and benefits.
Position contingent upon funding.
1. Work with partner agencies to receive referrals to A Lift Up and screen families for eligibility.
2. Perform in-depth assessments at the time of intake to identify each participant’s needs and strengths, especially as related to their housing situation.
3. Provide immediate intervention during housing crises; evaluate participants’ needs for financial support with rent or utilities. Accompany participants to housing court; provide landlord-tenant mediation as needed.
4. Assist participants to set realistic, manageable goals for their time in the program, including goals for housing stability, education and training, and/or employment.
5. Link participants with the community resources needed to achieve their goals including training programs, employment, childcare, and health/mental health resources.
6. Meet one-on-one with participants on a regular basis to review progress towards their goals and to make modifications as needed; maintain regular, consistent contact by phone or email.
7. Lead monthly support group meetings with program participants; handle meeting logistics (i.e. securing meeting space, speakers, food, childcare).
8. Complete regular progress notes and other required documentation in City Mission’s case management database in a timely fashion.
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field
• Minimum 1 year experience providing case management or housing search to low-income families
• Knowledge of services in the Boston area for housing, education/training, and employment support
• Cultural competency and ability to establish effective relationships with a diverse group of clients
• Strong time management skills with excellent follow-through to complete necessary tasks
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of case management/social work principles
• Masters in social work or related field
• Experience providing housing search-related support
• In-depth knowledge of public benefits including housing subsidies, TAFDC, SNAP, SSI, etc…
• Experience leading groups; knowledge of group counseling principles
• Experience with career exploration/planning
• Experience with ETO, Apricot, or other case management databases
• Familiarity with mental health, domestic violence and trauma-informed care
Please send a cover letter and resume to Lynda Watson, LWatson@citymissionboston.org