Dear Friend of City Mission,
We are delighted to invite you to join us in celebrating “a good 200 years of good”. We are 200 years young! Throughout this year of 200th anniversary events, we are highlighting our renewed sense of urgency in addressing poverty by preventing family homelessness. Our newly streamlined mission to “catalyze action to root out poverty in our neighborhoods” and strategic direction to prevent homelessness are guided by three principles: empowerment, education and engagement.
Between January 2016 and April 2017 City Mission will remember its past and affirm its future with a collection of 200th Anniversary programs and events designed to energize our work for justice and to recommit ourselves to confront the challenges that we, and the people we serve, are facing in our communities.
In order to do this, we need your support and prayers! Here is what we ask of you:
- Schedule a City Mission Celebration between now and April 2017
- Host a worship service focused on City Mission and our efforts to prevent family homelessness
- Invite a Public Voice Speaker to speak during and or after a worship service
- Look fort the link below for Worship Resources that will be periodically updated
- Highlight our work in your newsletter
- Create a link to our website and “Like” City Mission on Facebook
Finally, please remember that City Mission staff, board members, and volunteers are available to lead a coffee hour presentation, offer a testimony and or a sermon in worship. Please let us know when you plan your observance. We would like to add the date of your worship celebration to our calendar.
Praise be to God as we celebrate and enter a third century of ministry together.
Rev. June R Cooper